The Chinese have developed the simple technique of rice making into an art. Each grain of the cooked rice is separate and it is this method of cooking the rice that yields the perfect fried rice.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Preparation Time : 5 mins.
Makes 4 cups. Ingredients
1 cup long grained rice
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt
1. Wash the rice thoroughly and soak in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Boil 6 to 8 cups of water, add salt and 1 tablespoon of oil.
3. Add the rice to the boiling water. Cook till the rice is 85% cooked.
4. Pour into a colander and let the water drain out. Pour some cold water on the rice to arrest further cooking.
5. Let all the water from the rice drain out ensuring that the rice does not contain any moisture.
6. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and toss the rice in it
7. Spread the cooked rice on a flat surface till it is cool.
8. Use as required.