Macaroni tossed in creamy pesto and crunchy vegetable.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Serves 4. Ingredients
3 cups cooked macaroni
½ cup zucchini cubes
½ cup red capsicum cubes
½ cup green capsicum cubes
½ cup yellow capsicum cubes
½ recipe pesto
½ cup fresh cream
1 tbsp olive oil or any other oil
Salt to taste
For the garnish
4 tbsp grated cheese
1. Soak the kidney beans and chick peas in water for 7 to 8 hours.
2. Heat the olive oil, add the zucchini, red capsicum, green capsicum and yellow capsicum and saute for some time.
3. Add the pesto,cream and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Drain and discard the water, wash, add salt and 2 cups of water and boil till tender.
5. Add the cooked macaroni and toss gently in the sauce till it is well coated.
6. Drain again and discard the water. Keep aside to cool.
7. Toss all the ingredients with the dressing and serve.
8. Serve hot, garnished with greated cheese.