The contrasting flavours of pineapple and ginger, along with the protective plant chemicals found in coriander, give this juice a surprising yet delicious flavour.
Pineapple is a rich source of iron, which is so essential for maintaining the normal blood circulation and supplying oxygen to our cells. It helps to increase the body’s vitality and prevent anaemia. Always select fresh pineapple that is slightly soft to touch, smells delicious and has a good colour with no green patches.
Makes 2 small glasses (300 ml). Ingredients
½ medium sized pineapple with the skin, cut into pieces
10 to 15 coriander sprigs with the leaves, roughly chopped
12 mm. (½”) piece ginger
crushed ice to serve
HOPPER / JUICER
1. Juice all the ingredients.
2. Add some crushed ice in 2 glasses and pour the juice over it. Serve immediately.
MIXER / BLENDER
1. Blend all the ingredients using little water (if required) till smooth.
2. Strain the juice using a strainer or a muslin cloth.
3. Add some crushed ice in 2 glasses and pour the juice over it. Serve immediately.