Grilling Time : 2 to 3 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : 10 mins.
Serves 6. Ingredients
1 cup thinly sliced onions
5 tablespoons grated cheese (preferably cooking cheese)
2 slices bread
2 tablespoons butter
Salt to taste
1. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onionson a very slow flame until brown in colour.
2. Add 5 cups of water, 3 tbsp of the grated cheese , and salt abd boil for a few minutes.
3. Toast the bread slices in an oven at 150°C (300°F) or in a toaster till golden brown.
4. Butter lightly and sprinkle a little cheese on top. Cut each toast into 3 equal pieces.
5. Pour the soup into individual soup bowls, put a piece of toast in each bowl and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the toast.
6. Place below a hot grill, approximately 200°C (400°F) for a few minutes until the cheese starts sizzling.
7. Serve hot.